Re: Room under the front seat?

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 16:04:46 EST

I have the same truck, and my amp is mounted underneath the passenger
seat. I think it's about the same height as yours, maybe 2.5". IT was a
VERY tight fit, and an amp board will not fit. Mine is attached only with
screws in the front. My installer told me that if I put screws in the
back, one (or more) of the fork terminals on my power cables will break,
causing a short (not good). It's in there really tight (doesn't move in
any direction) even with just the two screws, so I don't worry about it.
There is a trim piece over the right rear seat mount that had to be
trimmed, and the seat had to be removed during installation. It looks and
fits really nice, though (once it's in there). I also have the power
driver's seat, and there's not a chance that you'll get any decent-sized
amp under there. I can get you the exact measurement of my amp when I get
home, if you need it.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
Sony C680 CD Player and HX-504 amp
Phoenix Gold XS 10" Sub, 6 1/2" midranges, 3/4" tweeters