Re: JET question

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 16:48:37 EST

Mike D. wrote:
<<I was hangin' out on JET's website today and did a product search to
see if they offered anything for my 88 6er. Well, you guessed it, they
don't, BUT they do have something for a 91 6er, which is also
premagnum. My question is, do you guys think it would work on my 88 if I
stuck a Stage 2 for a 91 on there? I mean, how much is the 91 6er
different from my 88 6er? They have TBI, I have TBI. They have 6
cylinders, I have 6 cylinders.... the wheels are turnin' =)
Any suggestions ya'll?>>

Mike

The only way to be absolutely sure is to compare the wiring diagrams for the
instrument cluster and the pinouts for the computers in your '88 and the '91.

I have found this out the hard way when I tried a '96 MP performance computer
in a '97 Dakota. In my case, the method of sending the signals to
instrument gauges had been changed. There were also functional changes
in the two pinouts of the PCM (although one might be an error in the FSM).
End result was the performance increase is there but the gauges do not work.

If you're lucky enough to know someone with a '91, you could switch computers
for a test run.

Best of luck.

Bob, Burlington, Ont.