RE: Filter becomes screen, was: Friggin' Hesitatin'!!!! (lo ng)

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 19:25:10 EST

fuel filter becomes fuel screen?
IMO,
seems to make some sense! Fuel Injection systems have the distinct
advantage of being more particulate tolerant than carbs! No jets to clog,
no emulsion tubes to get blocked, no low force float needles to stick! Just
42 lbs of fuel pressure against a solenoid operated pintle valve! Those
clever engineers @ Mopar probably spent a few years analyzing the situation
and found they could save a buck or two (huge money!!) by aceing the
filter... After all, can anyone say with any sureity that they had a
failure due to a dirty (particulate contamination) injector? How would the
"effects" of that compare to the "effects" of a clogged fuel filter??
Personally, Unless I put a carburetor on the damn thing, Good riddance!
Bruce "cocky and filterless" Bridges