Re: Tonneau Cover

From: Seth Bradley (sbradley@iwa.dp.intel.com)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 19:47:22 EST

I'm one of the people who bought a Chrysler tonneau (it must be good,
right?) and then got rid of it. Mediocre finish (major surface and
paint imperfections), and lousy engineering. The design makes it
difficult to properly align and keep it in line. One other member got
paint damage because of it. I would have if I didn't have an over the
rails spray on bedliner. Also, the cover is a bear to remove if you
want to use an open bed from time to time. Bottom line...Not
recommended. Complained to Chrysler, got no satisfation. Traded it in
on a Raider LoRider. This cover is great. Comes pre-painted, with
clear coat, finish quality is close to that on the truck. Engineering
is MUCH better, its self aligning, and can be removed in a few minutes
by two people. Also looks very sharp, like its an original part of the
truck. No lower rubber piece, so lines are much smoother. Mine was
$650 installed. Also sold by Leer out West, and as the Jason Hugger
for you Easterners. Highly recommended!

Seth Bradley