RE: fast rice rockets -Reply -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 21:54:45 EST

>>>I've heard some fishy stuff about the Import vs. Domestic races.
Like, the
fact that some of the faster (7 and 8 sec) street legal domestics aren't
allowed to compete or are turned down at the gate.<<<

ya' know, I've heard that too! A friend of mine here on campus has a 10
sec stang and he went to a local Import vs. Domestic and they gave himn
some BS about no forced induction (he's runnin a vortech)...The winner
of the thing was a NOS Twin Turbo Supra (gee, an import won, go
figure) and he was forced inducted.... wonder who was sponsroing this
little event? The local Rice Shop!! The winner ran a 11.1, the stang runs
10.7 on drag radials.... They asked him what he was runnin' before they
turned him away.. now ain't that some sh*t...

-mike d.