Re: TCI Torque Converter -Reply

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 22:07:04 EST

In a message dated 1/27/99 8:44:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, msykes@su.edu
writes:

<< pardon my ignorance (or maybe I'm right..hehe) but how can a Torque
 Converter give you more horsepower? Less resistance maybe? Are
 they talkin' about rear wheel horsepower as opposed to flywheel
 horsepower? I'm lost =( >>

I can only guess but my thoughts were that it would put you 40 hp into the
peak rpm ?? Otherwise I'm not sure but it states up to .3 off 0-60 time, that
would be impressive to me. However a friend and I got looking at the catalog
tonight and it is only for 93 - 95 (98 catalog) Maybe they have updated since
then and even so I don't know why they wouldn't work in the newer ones
????????

Bill