Re: Altenators

From: chris tesinsky (ace_0069@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 19:29:07 EST

>From: BJones2292@aol.com
>Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:04:40 EST
>To: Dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: Altenators
>
>In my DAk i have the 135 amp altenator. I saw in summit for $ 200 they
have a
>140 amp altenator.. Does anybody know where i can get a more
powerful one??
>The Audio store where i get all my custom equipment done told me they
could
>do a 200 amp altenator for $500. That price includes install and
evrything,
>but if i can find one cheapre i can install it. I need a 200 amp for
my
>system i have in my dak.
>
>So if you know where i can get a 200 amp or more altenator for my dak
and at a
>better price, i would appreciate it. Also do i need to change anything
if i
>add a 200 amp or more powerful altenator.
>
>Thank you
>Brent Jones
> Newark, Delaware
>
>99 Dak flame red 4x4 sport 318 V8 with lotz of goodies
>yellow cap optima battery 750 cold cranking amps.

Call up Scosche, or look for them on the internet, last time I talked to
them, about 5 monthes ago, they said that they don't have anything
available for the dak/durangos at the time, maybe they do now. That
battery that you have will definitely aid in frying your alternator...
the battery puts such a draw on the alternator that it will fry your
alternator. I learned that from an engineer a Scosche, he recommends a
good Die Hard battery. The summit one won't work because the computer
controls the alternator, I believe.

Chris Tesinsky
'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC