INFO FROM APE ABOUT SPEEDBRAIN (IMPORTANT!)

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 11:42:50 EST

I talked to this guy at APE that makes the SpeedBrain
(http://www.tiac.net/users/goape/sb.htm) , and he gave me some info about
what he needs from us and some other info as well .

He said that they are in fact looking at the possibility of making a
SpeedBrain for the Dodge Dakota/Ram/Durnago V8 trucks .

This is NOT an add on module (a la JET) or a chip , but a totally new
replacement computer which allows the user to interface the computer with
any laptop or desktop computer . You can adjust anything from the injectors
, the spark , and just about every sensor under the sun , as well as
watching the input real-time as the truck is running !!

Let me tell you , this is the BEST hope that we may have for those of us
that want to be able to adjust their trucks for any specific condition from
the stock settings all the way up to the wildest imaginable .

Just take a look at what they offer for the Mustang guys .

For those of us that are going to use a SuperCharger (or turbo , hehe) this
will prove invaluable !!

Matt said that they have already gotten alot of calls about the application
on a Dakota , and it is being noticed .

He said that to get the ball rolling, he would need someone taht would be
willing to be a guinea pig if they went through with the project .

Anyone that is within driving distance of Worcester , Mass. or that is
willing to go to that location when they need you PLEASE call and talk to
Matt and let him know !!!
If I weren't all the way in GA I would do it myself !

He also needs to find out , one way or another , what the total production
numbers for the Dakota/Ram/Durango are that incorporate EFI so they can
look at the feasibility of building this , I mean , it does come down to
economics on everything .
I am sure that there are more than enough to justify it .

We also discussed the obvious lacking of Mopar support for our trucks and
the non-response that Mopar gives the people when they demand something .

He said that he was at the PRI show not long ago and they showed the
SpeedBrain to Ford , Paxton , Vortech , etc. , and they thought it was a
really good idea .
There was an un-named Mopar Exec. there though that almost had an annurism
when Matt mentioned that they were thinking about doing one for the Dodge .
He said that the guy would have shot them if he had had a gun . He
threatened to sue the hell out of them (which they can't do) and really
made it look bad .
Typical of Chrysler to want to control all of their stuff and not allow
anyone to even take a shot at it .
But rest assured that as long as htese guys think that there is a mrket for
this thing , and they can actually take a look at one , they will probably
be looking harder and harder at doing the same thing for our trucks !

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html