Re: Short Belt?????

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 13:09:35 EST

Jason Jennings wrote:

> By the lack of response. I assume no one is running a short belt at the
> track???? Did I mention I ran for the first time with about 20 gallons
> of gas, Doh.... I filled 'er up to the rim just about 3 miles from the
> track.... My first two or so runs had to be in the 20 gallon range...
> That is an extra 115 lbs. minimum, Doh.... Next time I will run with as
> close to a ¼ of a tank as possible. Still looking for someone running a
> short belt on a R/T????
>
> Jason
> 1/29/99 12:44 PM
I remember a dyno pull post that had a short belt. He didn't list a part
# though. Maybe he'll be kind enough to help us out. I'd like to have
one for the track too. If all else fails, we can use a string and route
it around the stuff we want to drive , then measure. Subtract an inch or
so for the tensioner, short belt. It would be nice to be able to just go
buy belt #.....Alan S.