Split bench

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Jan 31 1999 - 07:39:12 EST

Has anyone with a '97+ Dak with a split bench
had any problems with the folding armrest?

I've had a recurring problem since I first
purchased the truck. When the armest is put
in the upright position, a plastic cord is
sliced clean and the plastic strap at the rear
can no longer stay in the slot resulting in
the strap staying in a horizontal postion.

I have had it replace numerous times at the dealer.
After about the 4th time, the dealer finally got
Chysler to admit it was a design flaw. When the
redesigned finally arrived, it seemed to solved the
problem . After about a year, I noticed yesterday that
the cord is cut again.

Any feedback will help as I will be contacting the
dealer in the next week.

Thanks

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)