RE: Spark Plug Knowledge

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 31 1999 - 11:57:52 EST

Spark Plugs have "Heat Ranges". To make it easy, most plugs come in three
ranges. If you have an engine that seems to burn some oil, you can put a
"Hotter" plug and take care of the "Plug Fouling". (Only on older
vehicles). If you're running a HiPerformance engine, you can sometimes run
a "Colder" plug to avoid detonation (pinging). Most manufacturers install
the medium range plugs since there really isn't any reason for Stock, or
slightly modified, engines to have the Colder or Hotter plugs installed.

If someone would like to put up the technical definition...go for it. If
not, i'll put it up.