Re: RAM BAR

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 09:26:13 EST

Brent Jones wrote:
<<... bought the bar and all it had were the two black brackets hooked>>
<<to the bottom of the bar. The person at the parts counter where i bought>>
<<it said it just mounts onto existing bolts , well that BS there are hole>>
<<and i cant even get a bolt that i bought through the holes the holes are>>
<<closed off on the bottom of the YOKE. THe bottom of the front bumper>>
<<where it meets the Yoke. Maybe i am missing parts>>

I have Mopar's grille guard for the '97. I think that we're talking
about the same piece, except in '97 the guard did not have the bars framing
the headlights. Check the DML Toronto Meet photos on the DML page to see
if we're referring to the same bar.

I usually keep the instruction sheet but haven't been able to find it as yet.
If memory serves me (it's been almost 2 years), mine came with 2 (possibly 4)
extra length bolts for underneath and 2 brace brackets which mounts on the
front of the bar and slips between the front facia and the bumper (you have
to back off 2 screws on the bumper that hold the facia to the bumper.

There should also be 4 plastic, colour-keyed caps which plug into the bar
where the bolts were installed underneath the front.

If I find the instruction/part sheet, I'll post anything that I find that
is different from the above.

Regards

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)