Re: RT Paint problems.

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 15:07:52 EST

Hey Elmer,
You sound like me.  A quickie wash for me is about 3 hours.
Once I spent 6 hours washing my 'Vette.  That is just a regular wash.  No waxing.
I'm as obsessive as obsessive can be.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC

Elmer Hanhart wrote:

The swirl marks were probably caused by using a brush on the paint when
they "finaled"it. I don't let anyone wash my truck but me, especially
the dealership. My truck is emerald green and shows the swirl marks
also. If you try and let them buff it out, it may end up looking worse
than it did when you took it in. I used to work in the washbay at my
dealership, most of the time the people working back there don't have
any idea about how to buff a vehicle. If they do it, make sure to look
at it from several angles in the sun. If it is the same or worse make
them repaint it. Most of the time they use the plastic brushes or filthy
wash mits, this is a horrible thing to do to a dark colored vehicle.

If you only knew what I go through every time I wash my truck you would
think I was a little crazy. First spray the entire truck off w/ pressure
sprayer for about 15 min. then....