Re: Lease or Buy an R/T?? -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 16:42:01 EST

Leasing would be great..if there wasn't a mileage requirement. If you go
over a certain lileage, sometimes you have to pay some outrageous
amount of money per 10 miles over the limit (or something crazy to that
affect). I like to drive too much to be limited in that respect =(

-mike d.

At 04:02 PM 1/31/99 , you wrote:

>Leases are for people who absolutely cannot afford the payments of a
>"purchase".

Not necessarily. Depending on the individual circumstances, there may
be
significant advantages to leasing (people who trade in their vehicle every
few years instead of keeping it for an extended period, for example).
Lease
payments are not necessarily lower than payments for buyers either.
Especially when you consider the down payment that's always required
for a
lease. I see way too many high income executive types driving leased
vehicles to accept your conclusion.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Life's a bitch, and life's got lots of sisters.