Re: RE: Rear trans seal on RT

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 19:40:35 EST

Bruce,

I picked up the new drive shaft today. I talked to the manager and he said
that the D.S. had a whip in it at the front of the shaft. This along with
the fact that it was 40 grams out of balance makes for a lot of drive line
vibes. He built a steel DS which should take anything I can give it. I
installed it today and haven't taken it out for some high speed romps yet.
I am a little gun shy about blowing that rear seal again. BTW, the rear
seal was about $9.00 at Forest City auto parts and should be installed with
the proper installation tool, which I didn't have. I am pretty good at
improvising however.

I am planing some major modifications on my RT this summer that includes
Cam, M1 manifold drilled for injectors, 4 bbls TB, computer reprogram (if
possible) and rims and slicks. This thing should be getting down into the
low to mid 13's with this combination.

Later.

Dan