Re: Lease or Buy an R/T??

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 10:30:22 EST

My advice would be to order (from a different dealer) and finance. I
presume the opening charges on the lease are $2-3k, and the monthly
payment on the lease is just less than on a loan, so why pay about the
same money and not have anything to show for it? Also, it's a lot
trickier to modify a lease vehicle (and you have to remove them when you
return it). When you finish the payments on a loan, you own a (~$17k?)
valuable vehicle, whereas with a lease you have nothing.

BTW, my truck (see below) took about 4 weeks to arrive. I filled out the
paperwork with the dealer Nov 30, it was ordered Dec 1, and I picked it up
Dec 28. If the dealer's threatening to make you wait 4 months for your
truck, he's quite the shyster.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
Sony C680 CD Player and HX-504 amp
Phoenix Gold XS 10" Sub, 6 1/2" midranges, 3/4" tweeters