Re: Hype Plugs?(+4's Returned!!!)

From: TSFEB@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 18:28:07 EST

<< Based on all the responses from you guys. It seems like the favorite spark
 plug is(drum roll) the Champion Truck Plug. Minor gains were reported by some
 but all said it was a good, reliable plug. Splitfires were reported as being
 slightly better than stock but most noticed no difference. Platinum +4's were
 duds; working for some and disastrous for others.
 It seems that its more important to run FRESH plugs than fancy ones.
 Dr. Pat >>

Well my MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors came today so I decided to put the wires on
as well as the Platinum +4's. I was very impressed with the great quality of
the MSD's by the way. I put everything on, using dielectric grease on the Borg
Warner Select brass cap and on the plugs. I took it our for a spin both on the
highway and on sidestreets. My first impression was negative, loss of power
everywhere, ranging from 35 to 75 mph, especially acceleration. Idle went up
also to 1,000 RPMs!!! Normal idle is 750-800. I came home, pulled the plugs
and put in my 30,000 mile old Champion Truck Plugs. Both times, I did
disconnect the battery for those interested. I then left to go return the +4's
and was very happy. Nice smooth acceleration and idle now. So I am going to
the store this weekend and buying some new Truck Plugs, ALOT better and
cheaper than those +4's. I am hoping no one else wastes their time or money
these +4 plugs.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
100,050 miles