Re: nx's nitrous kit for the 318 & 360

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 22:03:59 EST

At 05:31 PM 2/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>wow couldn't ask for a better reply than that,.. thanks alot,... hey one more
>question,....... so you really can't put nitrous on a bone stock motor(not
>that i would)??? And you must must change the stock air to fuel mixture??? OK
>sorry 2 questions.

  Yep, you can indeed put nitrous on a stock motor. Just keep the
shot low, to be safe... below 125hp or so... When I put nitrous on my
truck, I'll probably run with 75hp for a while to get comforatable with
it, then up the power from there. As far as the mixture goes, actually
you do *not* want to change the stock A/F mixture. Adding nitrous without
adding fuel will change that ratio though, so you have to add fuel to keep
the ratio the same. If you want to put a bigger shot of nitrous on the
engine, you should rebuild the engine with forged components.

>oh and I'm going to look for that book right now amazon.com any good??

  Yep, it seems to have pretty good prices compared to most places. Barnes
& Noble is also online, but I've found that amazon.com is usually cheaper.
If you're looking for technical (computer) books, bookpool.com seems to have
prices even cheaper than amazon.com, but this book wouldn't be in there...

  By the way, the ISBN number for the nitrous oxide injection book is:
ISBN 0-931472-16-4. Its in the SA design series.

                                               -Jon-