RE: Re: Tire rotations

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 08:52:18 EST

What has changed is the manufacturing process. They lay up the tires
differently now, as compared to when radials were first introduced. Yes,
initially radials did not like being cross-rotated. But now, just about all
radials being manufactured will allow you to cross-rotate them without a
problem, but ask the dealer to be 100% certain.

I can't sing glorious praise about my GSA's, but the wear they are giving me
is excellent. I have been rotating/cross-rotating them from new and now
have 42K+ mi. on them. They still have close to half the tread life
remaining. Keeping them rotated and a close check on your air pressure will
greatly increase the life of your tires.
Rich - Ashburn, VA