Dakota Noises: was many things

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 13:31:57 EST

Okay, since we're on the wierd sound thingy, we are all aware of the cab-bolt
"BANG!" (that scared me to death the first time I heard it) but Charles is
voicing the same thing I have on my Dak as well. If you turn the truck and
apply the brake (the tighter the turn the louder the thunk) you get a thunk
you can feel in the steering column and hear in the cab (when the radio is
off). I don't like it because it doesn't give me confidence in my turns while
braking... the dealer had told me I'm crazy, but I can replicate it time after
time. I seem to recall someone saying that they had their rack and pinion
changed and it went away... is this the case? Is there a TSB on this?

Shaun H.