Fleet Rates

From: das@phcpas.com
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 17:49:32 EST

This is my first contribution to the site and can only assume I'm doing it
right. I've "procured" lots of vehicles over the years...some purchase,
some lease. Their are two negotiations: First is the purchase price and sec-
ond is lease or finance rates. Negotiate purchase price first. If you have
an "in" with the fleet manager, go for it. What I did was become an Amway
distributor and purchased their roadside assistance plan, which means I can
buy at $50 over invoice. They don't give you that good a deal with vehicles
in great demand. For instance, my '97'Sport was one of the first ones on
the road and in great demand. I was offered $1,000 over invoice and was told
to go to a particular dealer to order it. I went to my closest dealer and
asked them to match it and they did...end of negotiation. As far as lease or
purchase, it's a matter of dollars. If you want the lowest monthly payment,
lease. If you have some $$ to put down, buy. Good luck.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)