RE: Who makes MP Cat Back? -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 20:05:50 EST

I konw Gibson used to make em' for Mopar Performance to use on the
older trucks, but I don't know about the new ones...

-mike d.

>>> John Neff <jndneff@texas.net> 02/02/99 05:49pm >>>
As far as I know, you are correct that Dynomax built the factory cat back
for your truck. The cat back items I am referring to are the after market,
or Mopar cat back you would order with the P*********** part numbers.
BTW, I am aware that Dodge refers to the exhaust on the Indy and also
Ram SST's as the Mopar Cat Back. Now I may be wrong and Dynomax
may make the Mopar (after market, or replacement)items as well, but I do
know for fact that Mike Leach makes the cat back for the Dakota's and all
of the standard Ram trucks and Durangos. I doubt very much that Mike
Leach could keep up with the demand the factory would need for a
factory installed component.

John
98 Dakota CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar Headers

<snip>
I was informed, maybe incorrectly, that Dynomax made the Indy cat-back
exhaust?
<unsnip>