RE: okay, time to choose

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 12:44:31 EST

I have a home brewed FIPK that cost about $65.00 and Mopar Headers. I
noticed a bigger gain from the headers, but that does not discount the
intake mod as being worth while. There has been quite a bit of talk on this
list that the stock ignition is as good or better as the after market kits
on a stock engine. I have not done the cat back yet, but allot of others
have and everyone has said it was worth the money. Personally I would do
which ever you have the cash for first, and then save for the others. You
should be able to install at least some combination of the items you have
listed if you sacrafice something else. For example, you can install the
cat-back and a FIPK for less than the cost of the headers, so why not go
that route. This way, you get two of you want items without haveing to get
just one or the other.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar Headers, DDBC

<snip>
Okay, I have a black '98 rc sport, 318, 5speed, 3.55 gears, 4x4, 31"
tires, etc.... nothing modified-yet. The question I pose is this: I
have a limited budget, but would like to increase low-end power for
4-wheelin'. I can afford one of the following, but that's it. Which
would you choose?
1. K&N FIPK, Airraid, or similar intake system,
2. cat-back exhaust
3. headers
4. msd ignition

<unsip>