Re: Anyone heard of Mongo Exhaust tips

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 14:07:08 EST

At 09:09 PM 2/3/99 , you wrote:

>Those look like the ones that those jap cars use to sound like
>mosquitos.

I was in town yesterday stopped at a light when I heard (over the stereo)
what sounded like one of those remote control gas powered model airplanes
on crack. Very loud. VERY irritating. Pulls up next to me at the light and
it's a s*it brown colored Subaru or Isuzu (don't remember which) pickup
with yellow stripes all over it and wheel/tire combinations that made it
look like a go cart. The punk...er, I mean guy sat there revving his
"motor"...radio pumping out bass that could be heard over his exhaust and
my own radio. I swear, if there hadn't been witnesses, I would have gotten
out and yanked him out of that "truck" and smacked him a good one just to
see if I could slap some sense into his head. Cross traffic light turns
yellow and he revs his engine up to what sounded like about 20,000 rpm. Now
it sounds like a leaf blower that Timothy Leary would have invented. Our
light turns green and he dumps his clutch. I swear, he didn't even chirp a
tire, the revs just dropped down to about 20rpm and he slowly starts moving
forward. I'm laughing so hard I can barely see to drive. I take off like I
normally do (no use for any extra wear and tear on the Dak over *this*) and
I immediately go flying past this clown. Two blocks later I'm stopped at
another light and he finally catches up. He wants to go again. I guess he
thought it was some kind of a race. Hell, I'm just driving normally. He's
the only one racing. I finally turn off into a parking lot and this guys at
another light giving the same treatment to a Mustang GT. I sure would like
to have some of what he'd been smoking.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Life's a bitch, and life's got lots of sisters.