5.2l swap

From: Chris (Clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 19:52:34 EST

Ok here goes. I have an '88 6er with a brand new A-518 Tranny in it. I
want a V-8. I contacted my local parts guy and he quoted me a price of
$1780 for a 5.2l long block. My starter is new so i have what i think is
all i will/might need to do this swap. If anyone has done this swap or any
v-8 swap into a dak please e-mail me either through the list or privately.

my list of parts i will need.
new waterpump
distributor, cap, and rotor
radiator (or will mine be sufficient?)
headers
intake, carb
motor mounts (or will mine work if relocated?)
general heating and cooling hoses
plugs, wires
dual electric fans

and is an estimate of $850 for labor accurate?

All my accessories from the front of my engine should bolt right on right?
after all the 3.9 is the same as a 318 externally right?

Thanks in Advance,
Chris Lambert