Re: Payload

From: TSFEB@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 05 1999 - 12:45:54 EST

<< max payload is supposedly 1800 lbs. but i make homemade wine and about 4
 months ago i went to the grape distributor and loaded her up with 55 40lb
 boxes of grapes ,.... so just there i upped the payload by 400 lbs. she was
 dropped what seemed to be as low as she could go but i felt no real
diiference
 in driveability. Of course i took it easy on bumps and potholes.

Not really sure what year Dak this was about, but I know the payload on the
Pre97 Dak's were anywhere from 1250 pounds all the way up to 2600 pounds;
depending on the optional/standard packages and also if the Dak was 2WD or 4WD
or if it was club or regular cab. I know I have really seriously loaded my 93
Dakota down pretty good when I was landscaping my mom's house and had about 45
Keystone brick pavers in the bed, which weighed about 1300 pounds and I had to
make 5 trips with 40 some odd pavers in each load. The bed was alot lower than
I really wanted, but hell it's a TRUCK.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
100,500 miles, with a saggy rear :)