Re: V6 to V8 swop kit?

From: jam'n (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 14:02:11 EST

----------
> From: Rekker21@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: V6 to V8 swop kit?
> Date: Friday, February 05, 1999 4:03 AM
>
> Has anyone heard of that? He has a 1987 Dak with a V6. He is bound and
> determined to make the swop with or without a kit!
> thanks in advance
> Eric

there is no kit! best v-6 to v-8 conversions i have seen... consisted of a
determined owner who secured a wrecked donor vehicle with approp engine...
a 5.9 i hope... and then proceeded to swap 100% all the systems and wiring
harness to include dash... gas tank to core support and then when he hit
the key... it lit off. all others i have seen (heard of) had significant
electrical/wiring interface probs. to my knowledge the req'd mechanicals
are a bolt in

just tymltk....

jam'n