Speedo Problem

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 15:55:52 EST

During the early Jan cold snap, the nut that holds the speed sensor to the
trans broke. The speedometer went nutz as I was driving (bounced from 0
-125 erratically) before I got home and pulled the sensor all the way off
the trans. I replaced the speed sensor and the speedo cable for good
measure but didn't get a working speedometer. The odometer kept adding
miles so I know I have good cable connection at the speedometer. I think
the bouncing it took may have thrown something off.

After three weeks of no speedometer I played with it today for about 3
hours and got it to work, sorta. It goes up with increased speed but its
off (shows 15 at ~25; shows 45 at ~60 ).

Anybody have any thoughts that'll help get this fixed??
But officer, I couldn't of been doing 90 my speedometer said I was going
60. ;)

Thanks,
mm
   // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff