RE: RE: 97+ Body lifts

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 18:57:00 EST

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the compliment on the site...

(1) The Body Lift took about 4-5 hours with Air Tools and a buddy. The
hardest part was relocating the Grill Guard brackets (2" Lift) and
installing the rear bumper with the new relocation brackets. We had to cut
small notches in the frame to slide the bumper on since the trailer hitch
was in the way...(Easier than removing the entire hitch and you can't even
see the notches.)

(2) The Intake System was a discontinued system for a Honda. The tube has a
3" diameter and the K&N Filter is a "Velocity Stack" style. The system
would have costed about $200.00 New but I also found a small scratch on the
tube and negotiated the price down to $75.00 (Discontinued and Damaged).
Otherwise, the system fits perfectly after I cut about 2" off of the section
that connects to the TB Unit. (I've tried the 10" and 12" Edelbrock "Chrome
Air Cleaner" setups with a 2" K&N Filter but I didn't like the
performance...this one is quieter and feels smoother.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Bernd