Fan current draw

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 01:26:02 EST

>Tom, do you leave your engine running in the staging lanes? I shut
>mine off, so I was a bit worried about the drain of having the fan >running
>without any charge from the engine since it would be 100% off the >battery.
I was concerned about the fans drawing too much current while cooling
with the motor off too, so last night, I hooked up a meter to the
battery and got an initial reading of 12.64v. I turned on the dual
flexalite setup and the voltage dropped to 12.50v and left running for 1
min. dropped to 12.22v. Switched off the fans, the battery bounced back
to 12.62v.
I also did a running test, no fans 13.65v at idle, with fans at idle
13.43v.
I'm thinking it may use up the life of my battery quicker, but it seems
to be up to the task in the mean time. Alan S.