Got E-mail From Bosch

From: Steve French (french@ionet.net)
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 10:46:32 EST

I'm not sure why some of you are having trouble with these plugs, but they
work flawlessly in my 98 R/T. I really don't think the guy at the desk
knew what he was talking about when you returned your plugs Tom. Here is an
E-mail that I recieved from Bosch on these plugs in our vehicles. (98,99's)
It's too bad they didn't work out for you. Out of curiosity what year and
eng do you have?

Steve

Mr. French,

I am responding to your inquiry for Platinum Plus 4. The application for the
1998 5.2L (vin Y) and the 5.9L (vin Z) will remain the same (4418). As for
the 1999 applications, I do not have enough technical information from the
Manufacture to make a recommendation. However, the 1999 catalog with the
applications should be available in May/June.

Regarding gapping of the Pt-4 - the gap is preset at 1.6mm for all vehicle
applications list in our Pt-4 catalog. The gap should never be changed
(regapped).

Regarding CD ignition systems - this does not effect the heat range of the
spark plug. However, using ignition system other than Original Equipment is
NOT covered by the Bosch Performance Guarantee. Generally, CD ignition
system produce a higher current and therefore tend to shorten the life of a
spark plug (electrode erosion).

Thanks for your interest in Bosch products,

Sincerely,

Michael Ziganto
Robert Bosch Corporation"