Re: Power / Altenator

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 14:03:33 EST

A higher capacity alternator doesn't necessarily put out "more juice". It is
only capable of producing more. The alternator's output is controlled by the
voltage regulator(provided that engine rpm is adequate). The alternator is
allowed to produce as much amps as necessary to maintain a preset voltage,
usually somewhere between 13.5 and 14.3 volts.

Dr.Pat