Truck Plugs

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 02:34:40 EST

Well, I spent this morning (Sun) at the altar of the Magnum V-8
 Did a small amount of blood sacrifice too! All I wanted to do
was change the plugs, and put a fresh fan belt on. The fan belt part
was E-Z, just get a wrench on the tension pulley, crank it over and
slip off the belt. The install for the new one was almost as e-z, I
pre-threaded it over all but the power steering pulley, then used
the wrench, and slid the ribs on. Pep Boys has the belts, and they
really did fit. The factory belt is now the spare.
 Now the plugs were another story. Yikes. Between the headers and the
plumbing for the A/C, the rear 2 plugs on the pass side are tough.
I installed the champion truck plugs (#4071) gapped to about .055 - .06
I have a Jacobs inig system and am trying to find the MPG they claim I
should have. So far, I've done 2 plug R&R's, regapping, and this it the
first shot with the truck plugs. I hope it's the last for a while. I
don't
relish the thought of pulling them again, to regap to factory, if the
Jacobs
does not give me the mileage they say I should get. So far (gloomy,
55F,
with drizzle/fog) weather in Los Angeles today, no pinging, and the butt
dyno
says about the same power as before. I'm wondering about getting
cooler plug,
the ones I pulled, same heat range and all, seem to have been pretty
hot, I don't
know if that causes some of the pinging I've had.
 Mike

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
could be concealed forever. You might