A hard lessoned learned-on N20

From: Tom & Fern Moffat (tomm@datarecall.net)
Date: Sun Aug 23 1998 - 05:54:09 EDT

Some of you have been asking why I haven't run my truck since the new converter. Well the other night I had a race lined up with a high 11sec chevelle. I've been trying to run this guy a long time and finally got the chance. In my haste I grabbed the 93 octane instead of the 112 I usually use. So idiot(that would be me) runs no retard and thinks he's got 112 in the tank. Furthermore I was driving around in my smaller inj(19s). The bottom line is that I beat the guy, but detonated so bad I blew 4 sparkplugs out. I mean insulator and everything out the exhaust. Cut a 3 inch slit in one of my headers. One cylinder is down 20% in compression. I think the only thing that saved me was my J&S knock sensor taking out 20 degrees of timing. It was my own fault. I'll fine out more when I tear it down. No matter, because the big news is that I have a 360 SB coming and am going to build it right, so I can spray a 200 shot. Looking for the,.. dare I say 10sss. If it dosen't I'll just have to go burn it.