re: Mods

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 07:00:00 EST

Drew,

I'm pretty happy with the mods & performance for my Dak (so far).
I use mine for 4x4 as much as daily drive/spanking, so I'm trying to walk
a fine line between 4x4 (low torque + very durable) & performance (street
drag).

I have the Bosch Platinums (not the plus 4's) and will be replacing them
with Champion
Truck plugs this week (Wednesday should be about 68D here in VA.). Through
this spring
I plan on adding a Gibson single catback exhaust, Leach/Mopar headers, and
probably the Mopar SBEC (although I'm not too sure how appropriate the SBEC
is for 4x4 use).

I'll probably also go with the Transgo shift kit, as my auto could use a
little help as well.
It has never really been a stomp it all the way down type of tranny - makes
it bog at the launch & then if you keep it planted it over-revs at the 2-3
shift. Massaging the pedal at about 3/4's seems to work alot better and give
a more continuous/smoother pull through the gears.

Well, that was probably more info. then anyone was looking for!

Drew, what year is your Dak & are you going for track or 4x4 performance?

later,

Duff
Original Text