RE: new email address CABLE MODEMS?

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 16:57:55 EST

No, really it is fine. I PAY for connectivity for 3 pcs, and have
3 static IP addresses. I am going to 'lend' my 3rd IP to a neighbor to
use for a while (and I still pay for it).

There's no limitations on downloading, and I do quite a bit testing of
beta software, etc... My only server (other than a quake II server
that's up on a blue moon), will be a Http: server for web space... They
may frown on it, but I'll have a legitimate DNS on Mailbank that points
to my ip address. Believe me, the traffic will be no where close to
people I know who 'resale' the service for dialin
and become their own ISP. Talk about CRAZY! That's a bust.... but
they've been up for almost 2 years... go figure.

In addition, my father sends his system backups (Seagate Backup Exec.)
to me via ICQ, then I burn them to a CD for him. Those transfers are
about 400-500 megs each... Fire it off before I go to bed, and it's
done by morning. Talk about a lot of data...

Dakota Content.. I want to static IP addresses for my RT's... Where's
the Computer?!?! HOT ROD just did a blurb on how all Mopar Performance
RT equipment is not CARB excempt... C'mon! I want to run 92 octane
again!!

Sam '99 RT