Re: new email address CABLE MODEMS?

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 15:44:28 EST

>So $35 month for cable modem +$10 for aol=$45 a month...still an ouch!
Do I
>need AOL to access the list, newsgroups, e-mail, the rest of the
internet when
>I get the cable modem or can all that be had... with just the cable
modem $35
>charge?
>Charles

Newsgroups, email, internet, etc. etc.. is all available with your
cable modem.. Plus, you can use Ns Navigator, or IE 4.01...your choice.
Imagine this, I just downloaded the entire Y2K upgrade for WIN98 here at
work (47 megs) and it took 45 minutes ... I did the exact same thing (+-
10 megs) last night on my PC at home via the
cable modem, and it took less then 15 minutes.

Dakota Content: My web page is almost ready to run, and I'll have it up
on the Dakota Web Ring (if they'll have me)... I plan on having this
setup for people to upload pictures, store pictures for remote access
(IE Ebay, and you need to point to a url), etc... No charge, and only
for DML members. I've got a hardrive and computer that's free for the
work, I am just finishing getting Linux up and running w/Microsoft
Frontpage extensions.... Should be great once it is up.

Sam '99 RT