RE:DML Plenum Spacer

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 19:20:49 EST

It may not be voodoo. After the turbulence induced by the throttle body, the
extra distance may allow the air to achieve something resembling Laminar Flow.
 If I were to make one of these doohickies (yes, that's a technical term ^_^)
I'd help it along by using a thin walled hexagonal extruded mesh to force the
air into laminar flow. When the air hits the intake manifold, it parts
cleanly into the individual air channels to the cylinders. This should induce
a venturi effect that actually accellerates the air into the cylinders. There
may be some science to back up the claim. I've often thought about making a
fully laminar flow intake system...

Shaun H.