4x4

From: Drew Schofield (droopie@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 21:42:44 EST

Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 07:00:00 -0500
From: brian duffey <brian.duffey@intelsat.int>
Subject: re: DML: Mods

Drew,

I'm pretty happy with the mods & performance for my Dak (so far).
I use mine for 4x4 as much as daily drive/spanking, so I'm trying to
walk
a fine line between 4x4 (low torque + very durable) & performance
(street
drag).

I have the Bosch Platinums (not the plus 4's) and will be replacing them

with Champion
Truck plugs this week (Wednesday should be about 68D here in VA.).
Through
this spring
I plan on adding a Gibson single catback exhaust, Leach/Mopar headers,
and
probably the Mopar SBEC (although I'm not too sure how appropriate the
SBEC
is for 4x4 use).

I'll probably also go with the Transgo shift kit, as my auto could use a

little help as well.
It has never really been a stomp it all the way down type of tranny -
makes
it bog at the launch & then if you keep it planted it over-revs at the
2-3
shift. Massaging the pedal at about 3/4's seems to work alot better and
give
a more continuous/smoother pull through the gears.

Well, that was probably more info. then anyone was looking for!

Drew, what year is your Dak & are you going for track or 4x4
performance?

later,

Duff
-- ---------------------------------

Mine's a 98 Club Cab. I'm an old bracket racer..got pics of my 455 alky
injected Regal on my web page...so I like the straight line performance,
but I didn't get 4wd for parking lot curb jumping. Only problem, is I
can't really find anyone that knows some good trails to ride around
here. There is one spot that everyone goes to, off the interstate, but
everyone and their mother goes there and it's really shitty
now...probably not more than about 2 miles of trails usable for a
truck. Probably about 10 miles for 4 wheelers and bikes tho.

Drew Schofield
Visit my web page at http://www.angelfire.com/tn/page4drew