Re: Swapping out Radios

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 23:40:07 EST

How much trouble it will be depends on whether the wiring to the cd
changer is part of the factory wiring harness. Probably not. The other
problem you may run into is that if you have the non Infinity radio and
the other radio IS the Infinity radio, the speakers may not work. The
Infinity system uses remote amps for the sneakers and the Infinity head
unit has a small low watt internal amp just enough to drive the remote
amps. I expect the head units will plug right in in either truck and
definitely fit either dash. The dash trim comes off easily and only 2
bolts hold the head units in so try the swap before trying to fool with
the cd player and see if both radios work ok in each truck. If they do
the wire from the cd player to the head unit will probably not be too hard
to change out. Good luck.
Jim in Waco.