A good spank!!!

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 11:56:31 EST

Well after all the talk about the Rustangs4.6L, I finally had the chance
last night to race one. It was about 40 degrees and the streets were
finally rid of any snow or water....nice dry pavement. I've owned my truck
for (16000miles) 9 months now and there's not too much to race or else the
guy next to me doesn't have the guts. I have raced older mustangs(early
90's) and they didn't stand a chance, but with all the controversy over the
newer ones I thought they might present a challenge. Well this guy just
happen to be in a black 98 GT. I pulled out of the grocery store parking
lot with my fiancé sitting in the passenger seat and passed by him sitting
in a gas station waiting to pull out. I didn't think nothing of him when
all of a sudden he pulls up behind me a guns it around me. I laugh at him
but my fiancé, who complains that I'm obsessed with my truck, out of nowhere
says "get him honey". So I speed up a little and notice the light up ahead
changing to a beautiful red. As I pull up next to him I look over, he looks
at me and just smiles. Definitely looking for a race...so why should I be
the one to deprive him of what he wants!!! The light screams green and off
we go. I jumped him at the start and had a half car length on him. He
stayed with me till second dropped in....then away I walked. I had by a car
length and kept with ease. After about 80mph I let off and he drives by me
with his tail between his legs. No waive, no finger, just denial. Just
pretend it didn't happen and he'll be able to live with the fact that he
owns a poor man's race car!!!! That was my good spank of the new year.
I'll be looking to add to it though, especially this summer after a few
mods......and most especially against a new lightning!!

James Densteadt
Black 98 R/T CC