Re: Steering wheel clunk!!! HELP!!!

From: Ryan D. Krokosinski (eqgroup@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 14:34:05 EST

Go To http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/.  You can look up all of the TSB's for 98-99.
Mine was the shaft, but I'm not sure what was wrong with the old one, or if they are even different.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC

Dak99RT@aol.com wrote:

I have been to the dealer 4 times about this steering wheel clunk.  I need
help...who has fixed this?  How did you do it...I heard a few people had
replaced the intermediate steering shaft...if so what was wrong with the
original shaft?...What is new or different on the new intermediate shaft?  The
dealer can feel the clunk but, doesnt know how to fix it.  I need to tell them
where to look.  I heard there is a TSB  for this for the 98's what is the TSP
about?...I also heard that it may be the ABS rubbing the inner fender. Is that
what the 98 TSB is about?  Many more people who had this fixed said it was the
intermediate steering shaft...is that what the 98 STEERING WHEEL CLUNK TSB is
about...PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU ALL, HELP ME OUT HERE, WHAT DO I TELL THEM TO
LOOK FOR?
Charles Smith
99 Dak R/T RC