RE: Smooth air....

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 19:08:42 EST

Shaun,
I think the Mopar muscle mods to the intake is certainly heading in the
lowering the turbulence direction... I believe laminar flow is probably out
of the question, even with screen stack (bg restriction etc.) since the
distance travelled before the plenum is short (not 8-10 diameters long).
The best we could shoot for IMO is reduction in separation and corresponding
reduction in turbulence. The reynolds #s for the flow rate vary
considerably due to demand so it deserves careful consideration at each
transistion to avoid/reduce turbulence...Frank and I are working this issue
both with the tried and true as well as some radical "Helix like" (no Helixs
though) concepts. Not gonna be like bolting on a supercharger though, but
as Alan S has shown us every little bit helps... Damn, where'd I put those
bed bolts...
BKB