Headers and Comp. Reset

From: Mitzi & David Fishman (fish@ihot.com)
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 03:47:16 EST

Installed my JBA headers today. Mated with pre-existing Gibson single
catback. Noticed a stronger midrange, but couldn't find a place to
really open it up. Initial impression is that the engine is now
*quieter* with the headers than with the Gibson alone. Odd, eh? It
*appears* that my mpg has improved, but I didn't get to drive it enough
to really get a reading. I plan to drive about 50 miles on the freeway
tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

I know I need to reset the computer to adjust to the headers. How long
do I need to leave the battery disconnected? 10 minutes? 20 minutes?
Also, after I reconnect the battery, does the computer take some
time/cycles to really adjust to the new exhaust system?

TIA,
fish
99 CC SLT+ V8 4x4