Trottmann's Letter

From: Ben Vaughan (webmaster@dakattack.com)
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 14:57:10 EST

Since the April Sport Truck won't be out for another week or so, I'm gonna
post the text of Robert's letter here for all to read...
START LETTER:
Driven Daily (Weekends Only)
    What exactly is a daily driver? It seems as simple a question as, What
does a runner do? A runner runs, a daily driver is driven daily. I only own
one vehicle, my Dakota. If it's hailing, sleeting, snowing, or the tornado
warnings are blaring, I still drive it.
    The reason I ask about this is that I can't believe that some trucks I
see at shows are so perfect and driven on the roads daily and subject to
errant shopping carts at Wal-Mart. If everyone who says he owns a daily
driver actually drives it daily, then what's the secret to a perfect paint
job?
Robert Trottmann, Davidson, NC

ST reply:
    It depends on how literally you define the terms. What do driver and
daily mean exactly, anyway? Some guys drive their trucks from the garage
onto their trailer every day--that's "driven daily." Other guys take 20
minutes to search for the perfect parking space just so they won't risk a
door ding (we have some staff members like that). On the other hand, some
trucks pretty much look like one big door ding, so we guess it's just a
matter of your comfort zone.
END LETTER

Ben Vaughan
webmaster@dakattack.com
http://www.dakattack.com
AOL: AttackDak
ICQ: 558772
Why doesn't someone make a voodoo globe and then someone can spin it really
fast and everyone would freak out?