Re: Splash guards and two tone paint

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 18:44:03 EST

<< <<Has anyone installed the mopar plastic splash guards with the dodge logo
on
 them onto a new body styled ('97>)>>

 Yep...

 <<with one of the two toned slt body paint?>>
  Nope.
 <<I'm thinking of putting them on, but I'm not sure they would look any
good.>>
  I think they look really sharp on our trucks, mines a '98 4x4 Sport+...
Check
 out the DML picture page or my profile (Fawcett) if you want to see what they
 look like installed. >>

Once again, I am very anti-splash/mud guards. For me anyways, they are a waste
of money. I think I originally paid $30ish for some large Dakota flaps from
the dealer only to find out after a weekend of moderate trail running that I
had 1 left. I took the remaining 1 off and bought some very similar if not the
same ones that Tom has on his truck. I thought since these were smaller they
wouldn't snag or hand up on anything, WRONG. I only lost 2 last time, haha.
Well now I save my money and just dont care if dirt/mud/water get on my paint,
as I realize flaps may aesthetically appealing, but when it comes down to it,
they simply aren't worth it. I will spend the extra 5 minutes to get the mud
off of my paint, no biggie. These guards/flaps may work if you own a 2WD
Dakota or never use your 4x4 for things like I do; exploring some better
fishing spots, trying to get to this great little secluded river to put a
canoe into, to get to this new area to scout for hunting, or just to get away.
After buying many poor products for my Dakota, I realize that I only buy when
I want Function and not Fashion. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
100,500