Arcing at the plugs

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 11:44:56 EST

Ok, I checked my truck out last night in complete darkness (I can do that
now that I have a garage :-) Anyway, I noticed lots of little blue lights
on the passenger side of the engine. I got out the flashlight and traced
the lights to the plugs. Since I can't see an actual spark, I presume the
arc is occurring at the end of the wire boot and arcing to the sleeve of the
plug hole. My wires are Jacobs 8.5mm, about a year old, and yes, I did use
dielectric grease on the boot end when I put the wires on the plugs. Plugs
are gapped at 0.035" (I think they're Autolites #3924). I also had an
occasional spark up on the distributor cap somewhere, but couldn't trace it.
Apparently those 8.5mm wires are cross-firing (so much for Jacobs wires
  )

Anybody experience arcing at the plug boot? Any recommendations on a fix?
This is my 2nd set of Jacobs wires - the previous set was cross-firing
big-time and Jacobs replaced them under lifetime warranty. Would I be
better off getting some Magnecor wires???

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate