Re: New Member

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 17:13:17 EST

<<
 Thank you! I had to buy a new truck because I was involved in a serious
 truck accident with my other one, it was a TOY*TA, I almost got another
 one but I ended up with the Dakota because I got a better deal and I
 feel I got way more truck for my money!!!

 As for mods, I wanna look into perhaps an open element air filter
 set-up, does K&N make something for my truck, and maybe an exhaust for
 now!!! I have another toy (my OLdsmoblie) that's been getting out off
 further, especially since my accidnet!! Hope to hear from you soon! >>

Yes K&N does make a drop in hi-flo air filter for your Dakota. You could even
go for more performance and get a K&N FIPK kit, which is the 360 degree open
element air filtration system. To save some money, check out the DML for tips
on how to make your own 360 degree open element kit alot cheaper than what K&N
costs. However, if you just want a kit that you know will kit, just get the
K&N FIPK kit orthe drop in replacement filter.
As far exhausts for, you can get even put headers on your Dakota. Exhaust
systems are plentiful, especially for the V8. Alot of companies offer a
complete cat back system if you want, or you can just cut out your factory
muffler and weld up a new higher flowing unit since you stock pipe are in good
condition. Options are endless with exhausts as well as air intake! Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6