Dakota not running to good -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 21:31:55 EST

Mine is doin; the same thing and it's and 88' with TBI... when it's cold it
wants to stall when I hit the brakes, and idles like a cammed big block
untill it's warm... I'm in the process of finding out what it is.. I should be
able to tell the DML in the next couple of weeks....

-mike d.

>>> <DViperV12@aol.com> 02/11/99 08:54pm >>>
I have a 1987 Dodge Dakota with the 3.9L V6 and an automatic tranny. It
has about
98,000 miles on it. Here is my problem, whenever I go to start my truck I
have to
press the gas at least two three times for it to even start, and if I don't
then
it will just keep cranking. Whenever I drive it like on the highway or some
long rode
and then slow down to a stop light it wants to stall. I have to let it warm
up for like
10 min. before I drive it, for it too even run decent. I was wondering is
there
a problem with my carb., and can it be fixed. If it isn't my carb than would
you
have any other suggestions about what might be wrong. Thanks ALOT!!!
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek
and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message
was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon-
(stei0302)