Re: New Dak Shifting Clunk

From: FLFish2020@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 23:17:42 EST

Bob

My name is Ethan, I have a 97 Dodge Dakota base model, 2.5 liter in line 4
cylinder....manual transmissioin, I know what you mean by the clunking sound
when shifting. I immediately took it to my dealer and explained the problem,
now I can't quite recall what he said exactly he said it was a new technology,
and that it was normal and I told him I still want you to check it out and
nothing was wrong, as time went on after aboiut 6 months of having my dakota,
the clunking sound went away as time went on.

RIght now I ahve about 19,7500 miles on my Dakota..You should take y our truck
up and have it looked at and explaing the situation just in case it is
something wrong...never hurts, its under warranty...

Ethan Corsbie